Do you have an interest in taking photos of social and development issues in your community?
Would you like your photos exhibited in an a re-knowned exhibition gallery for two weeks?
If the answer is yes, (and you meet the eligibility criteria below), enter the Women’s Empowerment Link (WEL) National Photo-Essay Competition. The competition running under the banner #ISALUTEWOMEN aims to showcase efforts by Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) working to better the lives of women and girls in Kenya.
We’re looking for original and creative photos.
Submit five photos that tell a story of impact and change in the lives of women and girls and photos that captures our vision of ensuring a world in which women and girls realize and embrace their rights. This should be accompanied by a paragraph of not more than 100 words elaborating the photo-essay. Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org The competition closes on 25 February 2017.
All entries shall be vetted by a panel of re-known photo journalists and women rights activists.
If you are among the winners, you will be awarded a prize at a colourful ceremony attended by our partners and stakeholders scheduled for 7 March 2017. Your photographs will also be showcased at a re-knowed exhibition gallery for two weeks.
- People’s Choice Award
- Primary School Children (Age 6 – 13)
- High Schoolers (Age 13 – 19);
- Youth (Age 20 – 25); and
- Adults (Age 26+).
How to enter
- Submit a maximum of five photos that depict positive impact on gender issues in any County in Kenya. Along with the pictures, using not more than 100 words, state the nature of the project and location. Longer entries shall be disqualified.
- Include your name and contacts to your submission. No anonymous or pseudonymous entries will be considered.
- Photos should be sent to email@example.com by 25 February 2017
- Anyone with story to share
- A panel of re-knowned photographers and women rights activists and Women’s Empowerment Link (WEL) will select seven photo essays that will be awarded and exhibited at the awards ceremony that will be held on 7 March 2017.
- The seven photo essays will also be showcased at a re-knowed exhibition gallery for two weeks.
- Winners will be awarded a prize depending on their category and position some of the prices on offer include camera, tablet, mobile phone, plaque or certificate.
- Women’s Empowerment Link (WEL) reserves the rights to edit any photos for clarity purposes.
- You can submit as many photos-essays as possible
- By entering the competition, the photographers agree that they release Women’s Empowerment Link (WEL) from any claims based on the competition, and grant Women’s Empowerment Link (WEL) all rights to their entry, including, for example, granting permission to upload their photo-essay to its website, email newsletters, and social media channels. The photos will not be used for any commercial purposes.
- All photographers shall be acknowledged when their photo is used on the different platforms
- Women’s Empowerment Link (WEL) reserves the right to research and verify the originality of any entrants, and the decision of Women’s Empowerment Link (WEL) shall be final.
If you have any questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org